The 8891 is dedicated multi frequency utility marker locator for professional locators. This offers companies the option to equip themselves with the capability of marker locating without purchasing expensive and redundant equipment. The 8890 & 8891 can locate the 7 major utility markers - power, water, sewer, gas, telco, and CATV - and a unique RYCOM frequency, in one easy to operate unit. The 8891-MP can also be ordered with any combination of needed marker frequencies. Choose water and sewer, telco and CATV, or power and telco frequencies for a locator that fits your specific needs.
- 8 frequencies locate standard utility markers for Power (POWER EU), Telco, CATV, Water, Sewer, Gas, Reclaimed Water, and a unique RYCOM FREQUENCY
- Multiple sensitivity settings for finding deeply buried markers
- Scan feature highlights markers in the vicinity
- Digital marker depth
- Backlit digital display for low-light reading
- Compact design folds for easy storage
- Weather proof membrane buttons
- Made in the U.S.A.
Operating Frequency: 8890: 169.8 kHz (power), 145.7 kHz (water), 121.6 kHz (sewer), 101.4 kHz (telephone), 83.0 kHz (gas), 77.0 kHz (CATV), 66.3kHz & more frequencies. Passive 50Hz & 60Hz locating.
Antenna Mode: Peak & Digital Depth
Display Indicators: Backlit LCD bar graph, low battery, signal strength, mode indicators
Audio Indication: Variable pitch response
Depth Measurement: Digital depth of marker to 2 meters
Power Source: Disposable: 6 “C” batteries
Battery Life: Continuous: 18 hours. 10 minute auto shut-off
Signal Strength: LCD bar graph, absolute signal strength readout
Gain Control: Toggle control for low, medium and high settings
Dynamic Range: 126 dB
Operating Temperature: -4º F to +133º F (-20º C to +55º C)
Size: 33” x 3.75” x 9.4” (84 cm x 9.5 cm x 24 cm)
Weight: 4 lbs 13 oz (2.2 kg)
Housing Protection: IP54